Land Line Now, Oct. 26, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Whether Election Night ends with a red wall or a blue wave, truckers will be affected. Plus, the pandemic puts truckers in the crosshairs.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA backs the FMCSA in a lawsuit over hours of service; winter weather makes for hazardous conditions from the Rockies to the Plains; and the Bandit is back.
II. Truckers in pandemic crosshairs
The author of a new study on the effects the pandemic is having on truck drivers speaks with us about the ongoing risks they face.
III. Fight back against rising insurance rates
Explaining why the cost of insurance is going back up again and tips on lowering them.
IV. Post-election scenarios
Whether Election Night ends with a red wall or a blue wave, truckers will see the effects. With that in mind, we take a look at the implications of each scenario.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- The OOIDA Truckers for Troops campaign is scheduled for Nov. 9-15 on Land Line Now. This year, the effort will once again raise funds to send care packages to our troops overseas – and to help the Veterans Community Project, an organization that helps homeless veterans transition into permanent housing.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the TA in Jessup, Md., located at Exit 41A off Interstate 95. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon Osburn is also giving away free protective masks.
- Find out more information about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.