Land Line Now, Oct. 27, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Several health issues are generating a lot of talk right now – and one of the big ones is what is and is not required on your U.S. DOT physical.
I. Today’s news with Greg Grisolano
OOIDA lends its support to a Senate bill that prohibit firing unvaccinated essential workers. Nearly a half million people in New England are without power after a nor’easter. And the impact of supply chain delays now includes – tombstones?
II. DOT physical requirements
Several health issues are generating a lot of talk right now –what is and is not required on your U.S. DOT physical; and a recall of CPAPs and how it affects truckers. Also, research says more than a third of all truckers smoke – a habit that can lead to all kinds of health problems. So the St. Christopher Truckers Relief Fund has started a program called “Rigs Without Cigs.”
III. The supply shortage and the freight market
The spot market is hot and rates continue to be strong, but for every action there is a reaction. Matt Sullivan of DAT explains how the supply shortage is showing up in the spot market before getting into the latest trends and numbers.
IV. OOIDA to California: Here’s how to fix the supply chain
California is contemplating how to deal with supply chain problems. And OOIDA has told the governor that any effort has to include fixing challenges faced by truck drivers.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- You can listen to Lewie Pugh’s interview on the “Glenn Beck Program” online. Scroll down to “Biden’s Gender Strategy Smoke Screen” from 10/25/21.
- If a carrier, shipper, receiver or broker coerces you to violate regulations, document the coercive act and call 888-368-7238 or file a complaint online to the National Consumer Complaint Database.
- Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Petro in Fargo, N.D. That’s at Exit 348 off Interstate 94. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- See everything OOIDA’s Business Services Department has to offer here. And you can contact them at 816-229-5791.
- The St. Christopher Truckers Relief Fund is offering the Rigs Without Cigs program to help truckers quit smoking. You can register for the program at the St. Christopher Fund website.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- Be sure to check out the new Fighting for Truckers website. And remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.