LLN (3/22/19) – We’ll tell you who in recent news has been good and who’s been bad with some Roses and Razzberries. Also, Toby Young offers a preview of the upcoming Mid America Trucking Show. A motor carrier is forcing some California truckers to choose between leaving the state and giving up their trucks. Jon Osburn is getting ready for the big show in Louisville. And we’ll have the latest on automated vehicles.
00:00 – 09:26 – Newscast
09:26 – 24:13 – Roses and Razzberries
24:13 – 39:07 – MATS Preview, and the whereabouts of the Spirit Truck, plus California bill might outlaw diesel trucks.
39:07 – 48:51 – OOIDA talks AV in Washington D.C.
- Mack Trucks is currently filming the second season of its online show called “Road Life.”
- The cresting waters of the Missouri River continued to move south on Friday, as major flooding hit towns such as St. Joseph, Missouri, and Atchison, Kansas. For more information:
- Missouri Governor Mike Parson declared a state of emergency on Thursday.
- Kansas Governor Laura Kelly has signed an executive order waiving hours-of-service restrictions to assist with flood relief.
- Federal Hours of Service waivers are still in effect for all states affected by the flooding. You can click here to read the Regional Emergency Declaration.
- A new pre-packaged meal delivery service is taking aim at the trucking industry.
- You can find more information at CDLmeals.com
Terry Scruton and Mary McKenna will hand out Roses and Razzberries for the good and the bad in trucking. If you want to offer up your own Rose or Razzberry for our consideration, Offer a Rose or Razzberry or visit us on Facebook.
Find out what’s having at MATS 2019 Mark Reddig gets the scoop from show president Toby Young, meanwhile, a California motor carrier may force truckers to choose between driving in the state or getting rid of their truck. Jim Jefferson of OOIDA’s Business Services Department has details.
- You can find out more and register for the show online at truckingshow.com.
- At 10 a.m. Thursday, March 28, OOIDA will conduct a town hall meeting at the Mid America Trucking Show for members of the Association. The session is designed to gather member input on some current issues. If you are not a member and want to take part, you can join at the door. You can also call the office at (816) 229-5791 anytime and sign up for membership. That takes place in room C104 of the Kentucky Expo Center.
Jon Osburn is getting ready for the big show in Louisville. Mark Reddig talks with the man who drives the Spirit of the American Trucker.
- See Jon’s full schedule.
- Read more about Jon’s latest adventures here: The Spirit pulls into Glendale, Ky., Petro before heading to MATS.
Collin Long with OOIDA’s Washington D.C. office discusses this week’s discussion on automated Vehicles with Mark Reddig.
- Read more here: OOIDA’s Spencer: America isn’t ready for autonomous trucking.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.