Land Line Now, Aug. 2, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
OOIDA has long pointed out shortcomings in both CSA and DataQ system for handling disputes. Now another push is on to reform the system.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
One major interstate closes, while another reopens. Drivers tell the FMCSA about the need for better pay and working conditions. And flying turtles terrorize Florida
II. Brokers, fuel surcharges, short-haul rules
The phones at OOIDA’s business services department never stop ringing – and the people on the other end of those phone calls provide useful information about what’s going on out on the roads. And right now, they’re fielding a lot of complaints about brokers and a lot of questions about fuel surcharges and short-haul exceptions. We’ll have some answers.
III. Tickets, citations, accidents and your insurance
What happens in Vegas may stay in Vegas, but what happens in your personal vehicle doesn’t stay there – at least not when talking about your commercial insurance policy. We’ll explain how tickets, citations and accidents in your automobile can affect your bottom line in your truck.
IV. CSA DataQ reform – coming soon?
For many years, OOIDA has pointed out shortcomings in both the CSA system – and the DataQ system for handling disputes of information in CSA. Now, another push is on to reform the system.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Interstate 70 in Glenwood Canyon, Colo., has been closed indefinitely after mudslides have caused significant damage to the highway. Check the latest conditions in the area here.
- Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA in Troy, Ill. That’s at Exit 18 off Interstates 55 and 70. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- You can find OOIDA’s Fuel Surcharge Calculator here.
- The OOIDA Foundation has a series of free classes on topics like the short-haul exception, intrastate authority, trucking permits, UCR and IFTA. You can find these and more on OOIDA’s Business Education YouTube Channel.
- Find out more about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance program here.
- Be sure to check out the new Fighting for Truckers website. And remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.