Land Line Now, March 30, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Truckers continue to send questions about how to deal with the COVID-19 crisis, and OOIDA continues to send answers. Also, filing taxes during the crisis.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
New York police defend towing trucks during the pandemic; a trucker is hit with a cinder block in New Jersey; and another company does a good deed for truck drivers – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Filing taxes during the COVID-19 crisis
Taxes are normally unpleasant. But due to the coronavirus situation, this year is especially messy, with deadlines and other factors frequently changing. We’ll have some advice.
III. Covering towing and cleanup costs
Towing and cleanup after a crash can be an extra expense that you don’t need. Fortunately there’s a relatively inexpensive insurance coverage that can help.
IV. Answers to truckers’ COVID-19 questions
Truckers continue to send in questions on how to deal with the COVID-19 crisis, and OOIDA continues to send out answers. We’ll go over some of the more common questions and answers – and review what information resources are out there for truckers.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA in London, Ohio, at Exit 79 on Interstate 70. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Visit the MBA Tax and Bookkeeping website.
- Find out more information about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.