Land Line Now, July 2, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
More and more shippers are asking truckers to use an app to track where shipments are. But are they actually app tracking you? Also, holiday security alerts.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The AAA says expect busy roads this summer; safety groups and the Teamsters petition for hours of service reconsideration; and a literal road hog disrupts traffic on I-95 – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Proposals puts CDL decision in state hands
A proposed regulation would put the decision of whether to deny or downgrade CDLs based on information in the FMCSA’s Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse into the hands of state drivers licensing agencies.
III. More parking in Pennsylvania
Truck parking in Pennsylvania may soon get a boost – from public private partnerships, while Michigan debates different road funding plans.
IV. Apps tracking trucks could track you
More and more shippers are asking, or even requiring, truckers to put an app on their phones to track where shipments are. But is there more to the app tracking than that? Also, the TSA issues some security advisories for the July Fourth weekend.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Starting July 7, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Steen Gronlund Petro in Laramie, Wyo. That’s at Exit 310 on Interstate 80. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.