A member of Congress is pushing the administration to end cross-border vaccine mandates that have spurred protests and Canada, and plans for protests in the U.S.
Listen to our full show
A member of Congress is pushing the administration to end cross-border vaccine mandates that have spurred protests in Canada, and plans for protests in the U.S. Also, is allowing interstate truck drivers under 21 years of age a safety concern? Dr. Michael Belzer of Wayne State University has made his concerns clear to FMCSA. He’ll discuss them on our show today. And Washington state lawmakers are looking at incentives to create more truck parking, and at making restrooms at ports available to truckers who work there.
Catch up on the news with Scott Thompson
Canada invokes emergency powers to quell protests and blockades. Diesel prices have officially reached a benchmark of $4 a gallon. And a car that had more success on the silver screen than the road is making a comeback.
Concerns about under-21 drivers
Is allowing interstate truck drivers under 21 years of age a safety concern? Dr. Michael Belzer of Wayne State University certainly thinks so. And he’s made his concerns clear to FMCSA. Dr. Belzer joins us on the program today to discuss his comments and the reason for his concerns.
Lawmakers want more truck parking, bathroom access
Washington state lawmakers are looking at incentives to create more truck parking, and at making restrooms at ports available to truckers who work there.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Police in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada, are on the lookout for a truck and trailer that was stolen out of a truck yard Sunday morning with more than 2,000 firearms inside. If you have information call 705-876-1122 ext. 232 or Crime Stoppers at 800-222-8477.
- Starting Thursday, Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Petro in West Memphis, Ark. That’s at Exit 280 on Interstate 40 and Exit 4 on Interstate 55. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- To read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News by State.
- Be sure to check out the Fighting for Truckers website. Remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- Find out how to listen to Land Line Now on TNC Radio.
- You can donate to the Truckers for Troops fund all year.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.