Land Line Now, June 7, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
CDL extensions helped during the pandemic but now they’re causing a new set of issues. Plus, towing, tolling and split speeds in the states.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The FMCSA extends an emergency waiver related to the Colonial Pipeline shutdown; a trucking company is hit with a cyberattack; and how much would you pay for a parking spot?
II. CDL extension issues
CDL extensions were put in place to help drivers navigate the complicated world that COVID-19 created – and they did, but now they’re creating a different set of problems. Also, personal conveyance confusion, DataQ roadblocks and vaccination rumors tied to medical cards.
III. Ancillary insurance coverage
By definition, ancillary coverage is extra, which creates the impression that it’s optional, but there are times it’s a necessity.
IV. Towing, tolling, tort reform and split speeds
Breaking down the latest on efforts to make positive changes for truckers on the state level.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in Kenly, N.C. That’s at Exit 106 off Interstate 95. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- If you have any questions about any of the hot topics discussed on today’s show – or other issues you’re running into, visit OOIDA’s Business Services Department online or call 816-229-5791.
- Find out more about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance program here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.