Land Line Now, Sept. 1, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
A new Tennessee law would impose a penalty on cities for having ticket quotas, while a bill in Pennsylvania would reinstate toll collectors.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Receipts for your 2290 payments may be a bit late this year; an OOIDA board member is on the ground with hurricane relief in Louisiana; and what the heck is that thing, anyway? It’s today’s news in trucking.
II. The risk of prostate cancer
Which men are at risk for prostate cancer, and how do you find out if you have it, or if you are at risk? We’ll have some answers.
III. Tickets quotas could cost cities
A new Tennessee law would impose a penalty on cities for having ticket quotas, while a Pennsylvania bill would reinstate toll collectors.
IV. Highway bill faces long delay
With the deadline to pass a new highway bill approaching rapidly, Congress is likely to take action – however, it won’t be a new highway bill. We’ll explain what’s likely to happen and why it’s important.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- The Chrome Shop Mafia has delayed the Guilty by Association Truck Show till 2021. However, they will offer a live streaming event Sept. 25. Find out more here.
- Starting Wednesday, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the Petro in Albert Lea, Minn., at Exit 11 off Interstates 90 and 35. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon has free face masks as well as pneumonia and shingles vaccine vouchers.
- See what other medical solutions Dr. John offers at DocJmd.com.
- You can find out more about the St. Christopher Fund at TruckersFund.org.
- Find out what Any Lab Test Now! offers and how it works here.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.