Land Line Now, March 22, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Normally, the Mid-America Trucking Show would be this week. But it won’t, which is a problem for charities that depend on truck shows.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
An easy way for truckers to find single-shot vaccines. Some events of note are happening in D.C. this week. And are the cows finally fighting back?
II. Missing truck shows hurt charity efforts
Normally, the trucking world would be gearing up for the Mid-America Trucking Show right about now. However, we’re not – and that spells trouble for certain charitable organizations that depend on truck shows to keep the lights on. Also, we’ll report on a convoy that will go on as scheduled this spring and how you can take part – and an Arizona DOT effort to combat human trafficking.
III. The problem with hauling containers
The application process for hauling containers can be a bit like updating your Facebook status when your relationship is on the rocks – it’s complicated. We’ll try to make it a little less complicated.
IV. Highway bill or infrastructure? That is the question
This year, Congress has to pass a highway bill. But will it be a highway bill, or something more? And what will or will not be included? We’ll explore the options and what it could mean to you.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The CDC has made it easier for you to find places offering the COVID-19 vaccines near you. The CDC’s vaccine finder website even allows you to choose which vaccine you’re looking for. You can find them here.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Starting Tuesday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Petro in Glendale, Ky. That’s at Exit 86 off Interstate 65. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also is giving away free protective masks.
- The Mother’s Day Convoy for Make-A-Wish is set for May 9. The Convoy is still accepting applications from drivers for spots in this year’s run. You can find more information on their website.
- Visit the Truckers United for Charities Facebook page to find out more about their organization.
- You can make a report and find out more about ADOT’s efforts to combat human trafficking here. You can also report via phone at 888-373-7888.
- Find out more information about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com