Land Line Now, Oct. 15, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Should brokers reveal about what loads pay to truckers? OOIDA calls for broker transparency, and FMCSA wants to hear from drivers.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The FMCSA extends the comment period on an OOIDA request for a broker transparency rulemaking; former Pilot executives get their convictions dropped in a fuel rebate scheme; and that’s one way to flee a fire – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Broker transparency and speaking out
Should brokers provide information about what loads pay to truckers? OOIDA calls for broker transparency, and FMCSA wants to hear from drivers. Also, a chance to get be part of greater driver input at FMCSA and three upcoming chances for truckers to speak out.
III. Wyoming, Michigan struggle with road funding
Wyoming is getting closer to charging truckers and other road users by the mile, while Michigan works on its own plan for how to pay for roads.
IV. COVID-19 lessons
What lessons and information have we learned about COVID-19, and how it might affect trucking? Plus what a young trucker has to say about the industry today, and the latest on a possible stimulus bill.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- A wildfire burning in north central Colorado has become the largest fire in the history of the state. Go to COtrip.org for the latest road closure information.
- Truckers can receive vouchers for free flu, pneumonia and shingles vaccinations. Email the St. Christopher Fund at Julie@TruckersFund.org or call 865-544-8145.
- Starting Friday, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the Petro in Waterloo, N.Y., located at Exit 41 off Interstate 90. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon Osburn is also giving away free protective masks.
- FMCSA driver panel application period closes Oct. 16. Drivers wanting to apply should email their applications to MCSACDriver@dot.gov.
- Upcoming comment period deadlines:
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-22