The Biden administration is pulling out the checkbook, starting work on fixing the nation’s bridges with money from the infrastructure bill.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
Protests are being reported as Canada’s vaccine mandate for cross-border truckers goes into effect. As if the supply chain crisis wasn’t bad enough, thieves are now targeting containers on trains. And the seven-ton skillet that got from point A to point B thanks to a trucker.
II. The good and the bad of synthetic oils
There are advantages to going with synthetic oils. Some are related to viscosity. Others are related to fuel economy. Shawn Whitacre of Chevron breaks down synthetics and all that comes along with using them.
III. Parking and bathroom bills draw trucking support
A combination of several trucking organizations – OOIDA, the Washington Trucking Associations and the ATA – are putting their combined weight behind proposals in Washington state to improve truck parking and give truckers access to bathrooms at facilities they go to as part of their jobs.
IV. Bridge fix plan on the way
The Biden administration is pulling out the checkbook, starting work on fixing the nation’s bridges with money from the recent infrastructure bill. We’ll have the latest developments.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Find out how to listen to Land Line Now on TNC Radio.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the TA in New Braunfels, Texas. That’s at Exit 193 off Interstate 35. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- You can get help on oil analysis and more from Chevron Lubricants here.
- To read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News by State.
- View the most recent notices on the Bulletin Board.
- Be sure to check out the Fighting for Truckers website. Remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- You can donate to the Truckers for Troops fund all year long.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.