Land Line Now, April 13, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
OOIDA plans a major push to get money to pave more truck parking into a major bill. We’ll explain what may be involved to get that done.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA opposes a decision to withdraw a rule on worker classification. A group of cities explores new options for truck parking. And a new kind of harvest season in Wyoming
II. Research looks at how VMT might work
You’ve no doubt heard the talk in recent months about a vehicle miles traveled, or VMT tax system. The American Transportation Research Institute has done a detailed examination at what the concept would look like in reality.
III. Connecticut eyes emissions pact
Connecticut may soon join a regional agreement to reduce emissions from road, rail and air vehicles, while Utah dedicates a budget surplus to the state’s roads.
IV. Truck parking push ahead
OOIDA plans a major push to get money to pave more truck parking into a major piece of legislation. We’ll explain what may be involved in accomplishing that.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- A truck driver from South Carolina was shot and killed April 9 in a road rage incident in Greensboro, Ga. The shooting happened about 6:45 a.m. on Interstate 20. Anyone with information should call the Greene County Sheriff’s office at 706-453-3551.
- The OOIDA Foundation offers a series of free, online classes about the cost of operations. You can find it on the OOIDA Business Education page on YouTube, or OOIDA’s Online Education page on their website.
- Jon Osburn, Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA in Concordia, Mo. That’s at Exit 58 off Interstate 70. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. They also have free protective masks.
- Read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com, and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.