Land Line Now, Aug. 4, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Pre-paid legal services sound like a good idea, and some are. But others have problems that can put truckers in precarious legal situations.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Tropical storm Isaias prompts hours of service waivers in some states; wildfires continue to cause problems in California; and the car-bound kitten caper – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Are pre-paid legal services a good deal?
Pre-paid legal services sound like a good idea, and some are. But others have problems that can cause truckers to be left in precarious legal situations. We’ll have some advice.
III. Paying for roads
Massachusetts will borrow to pay for local road work, while California may block a toll road plan.
IV. What will Lewie say?
Tomorrow, OOIDA Executive Vice President Lewie Pugh will speak for truckers at a safety summit. We’ll offer a preview of what he plans to say.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cell phone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OOIDA’s TRACER system has issued an alert on a stolen white 2005 Freightliner Conventional. Find more information on the TRACER website or call 202-246-2698 if you have information.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Kenn and Elizabeth Zelten TA in Zion, Ill., located at I-94 and Russell Rd. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also has face masks if you’re in need.
- Find out more about CDL Legal on their website.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.