Land Line Now, May 22, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The pandemic has complicated driving interstate, so several agencies combined to create an app to help, and another app addresses pandemic-era CDL training.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
California lawsuit charges oil companies with inflating fuel prices; a report says trucks are the main target of cargo thieves; and an Ohio couple works to feed truckers – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Pandemic issues behind two new apps
The simple act of driving your truck across state lines is far more complicated because of the coronavirus pandemic. Now, several agencies have combined to create an app to help. Meanwhile, another group has developed an app to help address CDL training in the era of social distancing. And the Walcott Truckers Jamboree is going high tech.
III. Traffic slowed by pandemic picks up
For some time, Jon Osburn has told us how slow truck traffic is in some areas. But even now that things are picking up, some important issues remain.
IV. Official: More stimulus needed to cope with pandemic
An administration official says another stimulus bill will likely be needed to deal with the economic fallout of COVID-19, but senators left the capital without even approving a fix for the Paycheck Protection Program.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cell phone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have questions, or situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- The FMCSA has set up a dedicated web page for updates on when and where it is distributing masks to truck drivers.
- The Commercial Routing Assistance tool is live now. You can find it here.
- Find out more about the ATS Pre-Trip app here.
- The 2020 Walcott Truckers Jamboree will be held virtually July 9-11. Find all the details online.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro truck stop in Joplin, Mo. That’s at Exit 4 on Interstate 44. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.