Land Line Now, Nov. 11, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
A chance encounter led a homeless veteran to an organization that helped him press the restart button on having a home – and a better life.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
It’s Day 3 of the 2020 OOIDA Truckers for Troops campaign. An update on the lawsuit against the new hours of service rules; a massive truck fire shuts down a major river crossing in Cincinnati; and out “fox”-ing the border guards.
II. Veteran finds a new home
We’ll hear from one veteran who had a chance encounter that helped put him in a home – and a better life.
III. Why tiny houses?
The Veterans Community Project helps veterans with so-called “tiny houses.” So why did they?
IV. Which service branch is winning?
Truckers are donating in the name of their service branch – we’ll find out who’s winning the friendly competition.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Learn how you can take part in Truckers for Troops and show your support for our troops overseas and veterans here at home.
- Call 816-229-5791 anytime during business hours. After hours, call that same number and press 1 to leave your name and phone number. OOIDA’s Membership Department will call you back during business hours.
- Sign up or renew online – just put the word “troops” in the space for promo code.
- Vince Morales of Veterans Community Project has a podcast titled “Classes of Veteran,” in which he talks with fellow vets and gets their stories. You can listen to episodes here.
- Starting Friday, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the Petro in Bucksville, Ala., located at Exit 100 off Interstates 20 and 59. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon Osburn is also giving away free protective masks.
- Learn more about the Veterans Community Project “navigation center.”