LLN (3/26/19) – Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao makes her first appearance at MATS. OOIDA’s Collin Long and Mary McKenna discuss. As a result, there could be an announcement on the HOS. Plus, Terry Scruton shares details on Bob Perry’s new pre-packaged food program aimed at truck drivers. Meanwhile, Terry has news on Pennsylvania’s turnpike debt crisis. And finally, Land Line Magazine’s Keith Goble shares details on which states are addressing truck parking issues with Mary McKenna on today’s State Legislative Update.
00:00 – 09:26 – Newscast
09:26 – 24:13 – Pre-packaged healthy food aimed at truck drivers
24:13 – 39:07 – Four states address truck parking issues
39:07 – 48:52 – Sec. of Transportation to speak at MATS 2019
The Pennsylvania Auditor General takes his state’s turnpike to task due to its debt. Plus, Bob Perry takes Healthy eating to the truckers with a new pre-packaged program.
- You can call Bob at 602-692-2734;
- Or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- And if you have questions about medical certification or other regulatory issues related to your health, you can call the OOIDA compliance department at our main number, 816-229-5791.
State legislative expert, Keith Goble shares details on which states are addressing truck parking issues with Mary McKenna.
- Read more from Land Line Magazine, Bills in four states address truck parking concerns.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit the OOIDA Legislative page.
Finally, U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao is the keynote speaker Friday at Mid America Trucking Show and for that reason, many are speculating an announcement on the HOS.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.
- Join OOIDA at MATS 2019; the show starts Thursday.
- OOIDA to offer Town Hall Meeting at MATS.