LLN 10/08/19 – Taking pride in your ride is easy when you tweak your truck with an upgrade. We have the top five in-demand upgrades to make your truck smokin’ hot. Pennsylvania moves closer to no-snow mandate, and one state lawmaker wants to keep transportation funding solely for transportation. Find out what you need to know with the Land Line Now weekly Bulletin Board, and another pending proposal in Washington is not trucker-friendly. We’ve got advice on how to fight back.
0:00-10:11 – Newscast.
10:11-24:17 –Upgrading your ride? We have the top 5 upgrades to consider.
24:17-38:48 – Pennsylvania pushes for no-snow vehicle mandate and different methods of transportation funding. Plus news you need on the bulletin board.
38:48-48:27 –And how to help quiet calls in D.C. for speed limiters.
- OOIDA will be at the California Trucking Show on Oct. 12-13 at the Ontario Convention Center in Ontario, Calif. That’s at Exit 55 off Interstate 10. Stop in, say hi to the people from the home office, and join OOIDA at a $10 discount.
- Truckers are urged to make comments on the FMCSA’s proposed changes to the hours-of-service regulations. The deadline is Oct. 21.
- You can make your comment at the federal Regulations website.
- Read more from Land Line:
Some truckers are thinking all the time about upgrades for their trucks – what can make it better, more efficient, or just cooler looking. We’ll tell you what the top five upgrades are. Land Line Now producer Barry Spillman and host Mark Reddig talk with Bryan Martin of the Chrome Shop Mafia.
- Be sure to check out their websites, Chrome Shop Mafia and 4 State Trucks.
- To call the shop, dial 888-875-7787 or 417-624-3054.
- If you have a question you’d like to ask Bryan about truck mods or technical issues, you can email him at BossManonLandLineNow@chromeshopmafia.com or leave a message on our listener comment line at 800-324-6856.
If one Pennsylvania state lawmaker gets his way, the pace of money gradually being shifted back to roads will be accelerated. Also in Pennsylvania, a lengthy push at the statehouse to address concerns about snow and ice removal from atop cars and trucks has taken another step towards passage. Mary McKenna gets the details from OOIDA’s Mike Matousek and Land Line Magazine’s Keith Goble.
- Read more from Land Line Magazine: Pennsylvania bill would quicken shifting funds from police to roads.
- You can also read Pennsylvania moves closer to snow-free vehicle mandate.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
Terry Scruton and Mary McKenna bring us important notices from the Land Line Now Community Bulletin Board.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
A safety advocacy group is attempting to push a controversial proposed speed-limiter mandate through Congress. Mary McKenna finds out what OOIDA is doing to try to stop it from Collin Long of the OOIDA Washington, D.C., office.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.
- Read more on speed limiters from Land Line Magazine: