Land Line Now, Feb. 10, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
A new study shows that the amount of money truckers pay in tolls is rising fast, and much of the money will be spent elsewhere. Also, a fix for car haulers.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
A controversial state vehicle fee heads to court; a state officials pleads guilty in a red-light camera bribery case; and more electric vehicle charging stations are on the way – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Toll costs up way more than the overall economy
Tolling has a long history in the United States. But in recent years, they’ve become steadily more controversial. Now, a study shows that the costs to truckers of using those roads is rising fast, and much of the money is being spent elsewhere. Also, an upcoming seminar for truckers.
III. Why a guide on getting involved?
2020 is an election year, which makes it a prime time to get your views across on important trucking industry issues. Land Line Magazine recently published a guide to help truckers do just that.
IV. OOIDA pushes on car hauler fix
An effort to fix a regulatory problem for car haulers is stalled at a federal agency, and OOIDA wants to know why.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in El Paso, Texas, at Exit 37 on Interstate 10. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- You can read the summary or full report of the ATRI tolling study at the ATRI website. Just fill out the form and hit “submit.”
- Find out what you need to know about OOIDA’s next Truck to Success here.
- See all the classes offered by OOIDA
- If you’re a trucker not receiving the magazine and you’d like to you can sign up here. It’s free!
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.
- The OOIDA Foundation has EPA grants to pay for 25 percent of the cost for an APU. Learn more at the OOIDA Foundation website.