LLN (8/27/18) – A recent study suggests that automated vehicles aren’t ready for prime time. We’ll get the details from OOIDA’s Andrew King. Jami Jones and Greg Grisolano of Land Line Magazine tell us about a couple of stories from their latest issue. What does the FMCSA need to hear about HOS? OOIDA’s Mike Matousek will let us know.
0:00 – 10:11 – Newscast
10:11 – 24:52 – Automated vehicles aren’t ready for prime time
24:52 – 40:18 – Land Line shares stories from the latest issue
40:18 – 50:27 – What the FMCSA needs to hear about HOS
The past couple of years have seen a mad dash to get more automated vehicle technology onto the roads as quickly as possible. But a recent study from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety suggests that the technology is not quite ready for prime time. Mark Reddig talks about that study with Andrew King of the OOIDA Foundation.
- Find out more about the OOIDA Foundation;
- Check out what else OOIDA Online Business Education program has to offer;
- See all the classes offered by OOIDA
The FMCSA has been touting the claim that Hours of Service violations are down since the ELD mandate went into effect. But as with most statistics there is more to the story, Terry Scruton finds out more. Plus we’ll get to know a little more about the OOIDA board members with Jami Jones and Greg Grisolano of Land Line Magazine.
After years of waiting the FMCSA has finally announced it is moving forward with possible changes to the Hours of Service regulations and they want to hear from you. Terry Scruton finds out what they want to hear from OOIDA’s Manager of Government Affairs Mike Matousek.
- You can file your comments HERE; Comment period is open until Sept. 24.
- OOIDA and OOIDA Foundation have put together instructions on how to submit comments. You can find those online at http://www.ooidaonlineeducation.com/submit-comments.aspx and http://www.fightingfortruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121;