Land Line Now, March 6, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
A truck-only VMT tax to pay for roads is dead on arrival, the chairman of the Senate Finance Committee says; we’ll explain the part OOIDA and truckers played.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
A truck parking bill is introduced in Congress; OOIDA alerts Indiana about civil penalties targeting overweight trucks; and Italy, where the wine flows like water, literally – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Roses and Razzberries
From a website that blames truckers for the actions of a pickup driver to a brand-new mom who saved a trucker from a fiery end, we’ll tell you who in recent news has been good and who’s been bad with some Roses and Razzberries.
III. Parking is the big issue among Louisiana truckers
Jon Osburn has heard quite a bit lately about rates, fracking and lumpers – but the big issue he’s got his eye on is parking.
IV. Truck-only VMT gets the boot
The chairman of the Senate Finance Committee says a truck-only vehicle miles traveled tax is dead on arrival. We’ll explain what happened, and the part OOIDA and truckers played.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cell phone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA urges truckers to speak out on speed limiters, automatic emergency braking.
- At MATS this year, OOIDA is offering giveaways. Get the details here.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA in Tallulah, La., Exit 171 on Interstate 20. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- If you want to offer up your own Rose or Razzberry for our consideration, you can submit those here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.