Land Line Now, July 13, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
As the coronavirus spreads and the economy flutters, more events are being delayed. And now the list includes a popular truck show.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The FMCSA extends the national emergency declaration for another month; GBATS is postponed until next year; and a new world record – wait, not so fast – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Truck show latest to be delayed
As cases of the coronavirus increase every day, and the economy flutters as a result, more and more events are delaying until next year. And now the list includes a truck show that’s a favorite of many drivers.
III. The story behind the story
The July issue of Land Line Magazine is out. We’ll break down what’s inside, from a bailout request that had the staff collectively raising their eyebrows, to the latest on PPP loans and the 15,000 drivers that have one more month to download their ELD data.
IV. Hours-of-service changes concern House panel
Some federal lawmakers have expressed concerns about upcoming changes to the hours of service and urged that CSA information be made public – however, they also urged action on truck parking.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Starting Wednesday, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the Petro in Rochelle, Ill., at Exit 99 on Interstate 39. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- 4 State Trucks will host a Facebook Live event on Sept. 25. You can catch that on any of their social media pages; 4 State Trucks, Chrome Shop Mafia and Guilty By Association Truck Show.
- And be sure to check out the Chrome Shop Mafia website, too. You can pre-register for GBATS 2021.
- If you’re a trucker not receiving the magazine and you’d like to you can sign up here. It’s free!
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.