LLN (9/17/19) – OOIDA has brought together more than 30 organizations into a coalition to oppose four bad bills that could have a devastating effect on truckers. Also, are you in the market for new truck tires? We’ll get some advice on suggestions and have answers to some general maintenance questions. And a Wyoming plan that could lead to tolls on Interstate 80 moves forward.
0:00-10:10 – Newscast.
10:10-24:44 – Truck tire advice.
24:44-39:13 – Wyoming I-80 tolls; bulletin board.
39:13-48:58 – OOIDA-led coalition opposes four bad bills.
- OOIDA’s TRACER system has issued an alert on a stolen truck. The red 2008 Freightliner Columbia has “Stunna’s Trucking” written on the sides. It was last seen on Lapalco Blvd. in Marrero, La. A $500 reward is offered for information leading to its recovery.
- The OOIDA Foundation has EPA grants to pay for 25% of the cost for an auxiliary power unit. Drivers need to have a model year 1996 through 2006 truck and be based in Kansas, Missouri, Iowa or Nebraska. OOIDA membership is not required, but OOIDA members can get discounts on EPA-approved units.
- Go to OOIDA Foundation website for details.
- Learn more about the grant here: OOIDA Foundation secures regional grant to offset cost of APU for truckers.
- OOIDA will be at the California Trucking Show Oct. 12-13 at the Ontario Convention Center in Ontario, Calif. That’s at Exit 55 off Interstate 10. Stop in, say hi to the folks from the home office, and join OOIDA at a $10 discount.
Do you have questions about tire maintenance? Are you looking for suggestions in case you’re in the market for something new? Mary McKenna gets some tire advice from Devin Dickerhoof of Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co.
- You can find out more at The Goodyear website.
- You can take free, online classes and learn more about retread tires here.
An interim panel at the Wyoming statehouse has voted to advance an effort to allow the state to seek federal authority to charge tolls on vehicles using Interstate 80. Mary McKenna gets the details from Land Line Magazine’s Keith Goble.
- Read more from Land Line Magazine: Could tolls be coming to Wyoming?
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
Mark Reddig and Mary McKenna bring us important notices from the Land Line Now Community Bulletin Board.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
OOIDA has formed a coalition of more than 30 organizations to oppose four bills that could have a devastating effect of truckers. Mark Reddig gets the details from Collin Long of OOIDA’s Washington, D.C., office.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.
- You can download the letter here.
- You can find a list of each bill in Land Line Magazine’s story, OOIDA coalition stands up against expensive trucking mandates.