Land Line Now, July 10, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Recently, a group of OOIDA members gathered at the White House to represent owner-operators and other truckers at an event. Also, Roses and Razzberries.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
The FMCSA provides guidance about ongoing protests across the United States; a port of entry on the U.S.-Mexico border shuts down; and two 6-year-olds go toe-to-toe for the strangest fishing find of the week – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Roses and Razzberries
From 85 drivers who gathered their rigs to honor a fellow trucker to lawmakers cluelessly trying to increase truckers’ insurance costs, we’ll tell you who in recent news has been good and who’s been bad with some Roses and Razzberries.
III. Trucker seminar goes virtual
OOIDA’s three-day live seminar is going virtual – but it’s still the best way to learn all the things you need to know to operate a successful trucking business.
IV. White House invites group of truckers
Recently, a group of OOIDA members gathered at the White House – we’ll explain what the event was and what it means.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- FMCSA says if a trip is delayed because of a civil disturbance that causes a driver to fear for their own safety the emergency conditions clause may be used.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker have canceled their stop at the TA in Brooklyn, Iowa, but you can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- You can “Thank a Trucker” on the Front Row Motorsports website.
- If you want to offer up your own Rose or Razzberry for our consideration, you can submit those here.
- Learn more about the upcoming Truck to Success online seminar taking place Oct. 26-28.
- You can also find out more about the OOIDA Foundation’s free online courses.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.