Land Line Now, Feb. 25, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Tolls are on the agenda in several states – part of an ongoing trend caused by state transportation budget shortfalls that could cost you significant cash.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Phantom images fool autonomous vehicles at a research facility; a battle between two Arizona agencies could affect border crossings; and we don’t know where the car was, but it looks like it had a good time – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. What to do now for taxes later
Tax time is almost upon us, and every trucker should be doing certain things right now to prepare. We’ll offer some advice.
III. Tolls on state agendas
Tolls are on the agenda in several states – part of an ongoing trend caused by state transportation budget shortfalls, a trend that could cost you significant cash. We’ll have a rundown.
IV. Coronavirus could affect freight
Coronavirus is causing a lot of health concerns worldwide, but for truckers there’s an added dimension to the situation – the effect on freight, rates and a host of other factors in the industry. Also, detention time is a problem everywhere, but unlike most the military is trying to address the problem. We’ll tell you how.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA will host a members-only round table discussion at MATS on current issues. The event will be from 10-11 a.m. Thursday, March 26, in room C-104 of the Kentucky Expo Center.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA in Hillsboro, Texas, Exit 370 on Interstate 35. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- You can learn more about OOIDA’s Truck to Success course on the OOIDA Online Education website.
- Find out more about Truckers Helper online.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- View the Johns Hopkins interactive map of confirmed Coronavirus cases.
- The Military Surface Deployment and Distribution Command is looking for feedback from carriers delivering to their facilities. You can also take their survey here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.