LLN (8/15/18) – We’ll bring some order to chaos in the economy, tariffs and other factors. Freight and rates take a hit; diesel prices continue to slide. We’ll have those details. And a government notice offers more evidence hours-of-service reform is coming.
0:00 – 10:10 – Newscast
10:10 – 24:51 – Economic update
24:51 – 40:10 – Freight and rates take a hit
40:10 – 50:24 – More evidence hours-of-service reform is coming
Daimler Trucks North America has issued a recall for more than 45,000 2017 to 2019 Freightliner Cascadia trucks. The recall involves certain trucks that may have a faulty ABS or ESC check light. If these warning lights are not working the driver may not be notified increasing the risk of a crash. The recall is expected to begin Sept. 17. Owners may contact Daimler Trucks Customer service at 800-547-0712 and reference recall number FL-780.
Michael E. Zanella of Columbus, Ohio, has been recognized by the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association for 27 years of safe, accident-free driving as part of the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
The economy seems like it’s being pulled in multiple directions right now, between tariffs and rate changes and a number of other factors. Terry Scruton tries to make some sense of it all with Steve Freidell of Central States Capital Markets. For more information call 800-851-6459 or visit their website http://centralstatescapital.com/.
Freight and rates take a hit as the flatbed party comes to an end. Terry Scruton talks with Mark Montague of DAT, a company that provides market information for owner operators, carriers, brokers and shippers.
- Visit their website, dat.com;
- Or you can call them at 800-547-5417;
- Be sure to check out their blog;
- Chat with them on Twitter;
- And find out more on the OOIDA Members Edge website;
- You can call OOIDA Members Edge at 866-487-8253.
Diesel price averages went down in all regions across the nation. Terry Scruton offers a detailed update on the price of diesel fuel and crude oil, including a break down by region and analysis.
- Find Daily Fuel Prices by ProMiles;
- To see how to compute your own fuel surcharge use OOIDA’s online Fuel Surcharge Calculator;
- To download OOIDA’s fuel surcharge app for Android Smartphones, click here.
A small item placed on an obscure government website indicates that some kind of regulatory change is on the way for the Hours of Service. Mark Reddig discusses what that really means – as well as the part trucking plays in holding up an FAA bill – with Collin Long of OOIDA’s Washington, D.C., office.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121;
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.