Land Line Now, Nov. 7, 2019
Click the play button to hear our latest podcast
When truckers called a congressman on speed limiters, he claimed “misinformation.” So what’s the truth? We’ll explain. Also, trucking’s getting expensive.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
If it happened today in trucking, you’ll find it here. (10 minutes)
II. Haulin’ freight ain’t cheap
We’ll explain what a new study says about the cost of running a trucking operation. Also, we’ll have the latest on the new drug and alcohol clearinghouse and an under-21 military pilot program.
III. Apparently, you all really like highways
We’ll have some of the results after voters across 20 states decided more than 100 transportation-related ballot measures. That includes ballot issues in Colorado, Maine and Washington state.
IV. Truckers’ phone calls generate cry of ‘misinformation’
We’ll bring you the real story behind OOIDA’s message to a congressman about speed limiters – and his complaints of “misinformation.” And another state has busted someone for marijuana, when the plants in question were something else. We’ll explain how it could affect truck drivers around the country.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cell phone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Nomination forms for the Goodyear Highway Hero Award are available here. A copy of contest rules can also be found online.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to regulatory issues.
- Read more about election results: Voters in three states settle transportation questions.
- To call your members of Congress about HR3781, which would significantly increase truckers’ minimum insurance requirements, and other legislation, call 202-224-3121.
- Check out information on the Land Line Now Bulletin Board.
- It’s easy to get involved in the fight.