Land Line Now, Dec. 3, 2019.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast
A think tank says that tolling to fund roads is a “fairer system” for highways. We’ll analyze whether that’s true or not. Also, the right tires for winter.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
From toll roads battling distracted driving to more winter weather problems, it’s today in trucking.
II. The right tires for winter
Winter weather means roads often covered in snow and ice, and you have to have the right equipment to handle it – especially the right tires.
III. State road funding is up
The National Association of State Budget Officers says state transportation spending it up nationwide. We’ll have the facts and figures on that – and on truck safety efforts in South Carolina.
IV. Think tank says tolling to fund roads ‘fairer’ – so is it?
A libertarian think tank in our nation’s capital has issued a report supporting the use of tolling to pay for highways – which it calls a “fairer system of funding.” But is that the case? And what would be the results for truckers?
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Find out more about the Sleigh Bells and Santa program online.
- You can donate to the St. Christopher Fund here.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- You can read the Reason Foundation’s report on highway tolling here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.