Land Line Now, Dec. 10, 2019
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Independent contractor or employee – where do you fit in as some states rewrite legislation that could affect your trucking career.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Higher tolls are expected across five bridges in the Hudson Valley and the N.Y. governor is not happy. Plus a follow-up story on the Celadon bankruptcy.
II. Solutions for brake issues before your next inspection
Don’t wait until the next brake safety week. Be prepared before your next brake inspection.
III. Northeast states struggle to pay for infrastructure
With the federal government yet to pass an infrastructure bill or the means to pay for it, states are left to their own devices on repairing roads, bridges and other infrastructure.
IV. Reclassifying workers and how it affects trucking
Legislation is rewriting whether workers are classified as independent contractors or employees in some states. Find out how the issue is weighing on the trucking industry.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cell phone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Learn more about the issues involved from Brake Safe here. OOIDA members can get a discount on their products.
- If you have questions about Brake Safe products, you can call 888-381-2355
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.