Land Line Now, Jan. 7, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The EPA is looking at new emissions rules for large trucks. And while that doesn’t sound good, it may not be all bad news. Also, common legal questions.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
From SNAFUs at the Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse and a big crash in Pennsylvania to a lawsuit over truck engines, we have the information you need.
II. Your legal questions answered
Can you get a ticket you didn’t deserve off your record? What are your options if an officer gets abusive during a traffic stop? We’ll get answers those questions and more.
III. GPS proposal draws OOIDA criticism
A recent effort by Virginia lawmakers to require a GPS in every truck has drawn some criticism from OOIDA, while Washington state looks at rules for roundabouts.
IV. New emissions rules for large trucks may be on the way
The EPA is taking a look at new emission rules for large trucks. While that doesn’t sound good, it may not be all bad news. We’ll have some details and analysis.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Starting Monday, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the TA in Santa Nella, Calif. That’s at Exit 407 on Interstate 5. Stop in and join OOIDA for a $10 discount.
- Find more information from Road Law here.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- Read OOIDA’s Call to Action: Truckers in Virginia.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website. In addition, when the EPA Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking on truck emissions is available, information will be posted there.