LLN (2/11/19) – U.S. Rep. Mike Bost discusses handling issues from hours of service and infrastructure to truck parking and detention time from a trucker’s perspective. Also: How do you protect yourself when you are leasing, renting or borrowing equipment from a friend? And the options Congress and the states have to fund highways going forward.
0:00 – 9:41 – Newscast
9:41 – 24:25 – U.S. Rep. Mike Bost
24:25 – 39:22 – Insurance when you don’t own the truck
39:22 – 49:10 – Options for highway funding
- PACCAR and Daimler Trucks North America have issued recalls. You can find more about the Daimler recall here; Read more about the PACCAR recall here.
- The South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles has dropped a regulation requiring truck owners leased to carriers to register for a U.S. DOT number to renew their IRP account. If you have questions, call OOIDA’s Permits and Licensing Department at 816-229-5791.
- The value of freight crossing between the U.S., Mexico and Canada fell in November. However, trucks still hauled the majority of it. Read more here: November NAFTA freight experiences largest monthly decrease since July 17;
Lawmakers will deal with a host of trucking issues going forward, from hours of service and infrastructure to truck parking and detention time. And U.S. Representative Mike Bost approaches those issues from a trucker’s perspective. Mary McKenna reports.
How do you protect yourself when you are leasing, renting or borrowing equipment from a friend? Well, some specific insurance can do just that. Mary McKenna talks with Stacy Sanders and Trina McIntyre of OOIDA’s Truck Insurance Department.
- Find out more information about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance
- You can also call the insurance department directly at 1-800-715-9369.
- If you have a question about truck insurance you’d like answered on the air, call the Land Line Now Listener Comment Line at 1-800-324-6856.
As Congress takes more steps toward an infrastructure or highway bill, the topic of how to pay for it is once again coming to the fore. What’s also coming to the fore is the complete lack of any agreement about which funding method to use. Mark Reddig discusses the options with OOIDA Manager of Government Affairs Mike Matousek.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121;
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers;
- For more information about highway funding issues:
- Infrastructure and NAFTA on Trump’s agenda;
- House T&I committee hearing to examine infrastructure needs;
- Officials in 15 states consider fuel tax collections;
- Virginia lawmakers eliminate tolls in revised I-81 funding bill;
- A dozen statehouses consider bills regarding toll collection;
- OOIDA takes wait-and-see approach on push to eliminate federal excise tax.