LLN (10/3/18) – Truckers are expressing confusion over how hours of service affects interstate vs. intrastate truckers. Also, a charity helps families of truckers who die on the road. Freight and rates return to normal after Hurricane Florence. What truckers’ contributions do for Special Olympics athletes. Diesel prices continue to rise. And what was the presidential alert on your cell phone earlier today?
0:00 – 10:11 – Newscast
10:11 – 24:41 – Truckers Final Mile; Special Olympics
24:41 – 39:11 – Post-Florence freight drop-off; diesel prices rise
39:11 – 49:21 – Hours of service confusion; presidential alert
- Randall Strachan of Palmyra, Mo., has been recognized by the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association for 38 years of safe, accident-free driving as part of the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program. Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- A check for $84,050 was recently presented to nonprofit St. Christopher Truckers Relief Fund by Blue Tiger USA. The amount was the result of Blue Tiger’s special edition Christopher Blue Elite wireless trucker headsets, sold in conjunction with Travel Centers of America, which yielded $10 of each sale. You can find out more about the St. Christopher Truckers Relief Fund online.
- Starting Thursday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s Tour Truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in London, Ohio. That’s located at Exit 79 on Interstate 70. Stop in, say hi to Jon, and join OOIDA for a $10 discount. See the full Spirit Schedule.
A charity started by truckers helps families of those who die on the road bring their loved ones home. Mark Reddig talks with Robert Palm of Truckers Final Mile. Also: What kind of a difference do truckers’ contributions make for athletes in Special Olympics. We’ll hear from Robin Anderson of Special Olympics Missouri.
- If you’d like more information on Truckers Final Mile visit their website http://truckersfinalmile.org/, or call 888-857-7871.
- Be sure to visit the 4 State Trucks and Chrome Shop Mafia websites.
- And find out more about Special Olympics Missouri.
- Related content:
Freight and rates return to normal after a dropoff from Hurricane Florence. Terry Scruton talks with Matt Sullivan of DAT. Also, diesel prices continue to rise as the oil market ignores a massive boost in inventories. Terry has our weekly update.
- Check out this week’s print report: DAT SOLUTIONS: Spot van, reefer rates stabilize as load posts rise.
- Visit the DAT website.
- Or you can call them at 800-547-5417.
- Be sure to check out their blog.
- Chat with them on Twitter.
- And find out more on the OOIDA Members Edge website.
- You can call OOIDA Members Edge at 866-487-8253.
- Here is this week’s price report by Land Line Magazine, Diesel fuel indexes both show a weekly price increase of more than 4 cents.
- Find Daily Fuel Prices by ProMiles.
- To see how to compute your own fuel surcharge use OOIDA’s online Fuel Surcharge Calculator.
- To download OOIDA’s fuel surcharge app for Android Smartphones, click here.
Confusion is developing over how the hours of service affect two different kinds of truckers – interstate vs. intrastate. Mark Reddig discusses that – plus the presidential alert on your cell phone earlier today – with Doug Morris of OOIDA’s Washington, D.C., office.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.
- See related content: