Land Line Now, March 13, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
People have been asking questions about the new truck parking bill. We’ll have answers about that, as well as an FMCSA conference canceled over coronavirus.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The COVID-19 coronavirus continues to affect the trucking industry; Canada signs off on the replacement for NAFTA; and the NBA’s Phoenix Suns bring their season back from the ashes – sort of – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Teaching about trucking
A children’s museum in Greensboro, N.C., has taken educating kids about trucking to the next level with a little help from Volvo.
III. Hours of service, parking – and that other thing
Jon Osburn’s schedule has been a little upset by recent events, but he’s still out there – and he’s hearing about issues that range from the hours of service and truck parking to the coronavirus.
IV. Truck parking bill questions answered
An FMCSA conference – like many things this week – has been canceled due to concerns about the coronavirus. Meanwhile, people have been asking questions about the new truck parking bill.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The New Jersey Turnpike Authority has scheduled three public hearings to discuss possible toll increases on the New Jersey Turnpike and the Garden State Parkway.
- Starting Saturday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Jerry Fritts Jr. Petro in West Memphis, Ark., at Exit 280 on Interstate 40 and Exit 4 on Interstate 55. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Find out more about the Greensboro Children’s Museum online.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.
- Read more about the truck parking bill: Text of truck parking bill, HR6104, provides more context to program.