Land Line Now, June 29, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Efforts to increase truckers’ insurance requirements face their next test, as truckers push back against them. Also, under the hood during your pre-trip.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The deadline to apply for Paycheck Protection Program loans is tomorrow; states pause and roll back reopening plans in the face of COVID-19 surge; and sometimes the “you might be a redneck” jokes just write themselves – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Under the hood
What should you look for under the hood as part of your pre-trip inspection?
III. Land Line Magazine on protests, brokers and more
How have the recent protests been affected drivers? And what’s the latest in the war against dishonest brokers? The staff at Land Line Magazine has been covering those stories for months. We’ll have the story behind the stories.
IV. Insurance increase hits its next test
Efforts to increase truckers’ insurance requirements face their next test this week, as truckers push back against the effort hard. We’ll have more about that, and other aspects of the proposed highway bill as it moves through the U.S. House.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Starting July 7, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Steen Gronlund Petro in Laramie, Wyo. That’s at Exit 310 on Interstate 80. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- You can find more on truck repair and maintenance from TA Petro, here. If you have questions for Kevin and Jerry, email them at AskTATruckService@ta-petro.com.
- If you’re a trucker not receiving the magazine and you’d like to you can sign up here. It’s free!
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.