LLN (12/18/18) – Between now and Jan. 31, OOIDA members have a chance to choose some of the people who will run the organization that represents them. Today, we’ll get to know OOIDA board nominees Kristopher Peters, Stephen Saunders and Carl Smith. We’ll also have some of our trucking Christmas Carols. And some important notices from the Land Line Now Community Bulletin Board.
0:00 – 9:41 – Newscast
9:41 – 24:25 – OOIDA board nominee Kristopher Peters
24:25 – 39:22 – OOIDA board nominee Stephen Saunders
39:22 – 49:08 – OOIDA board nominee Carl Smith
- Five groups have filed for hours-of-service exemptions with the FMCSA. The FMCSA is asking for public comment on the requests through Jan. 17.
- First, the American Bakers Association and International Dairy Foods Association submitted a joint request for truckers engaged in baked goods and milk delivery to areas anticipating a natural emergency.
- Second, the Association of American Railroads and American Short Line and Regional Railroad Association have requested a limited exemption from the maximum driving time requirements for drivers of property-carrying vehicles.
- Finally, North Shore Environmental Construction has applied for an hours exemption for drivers engaged in providing direct assistance in actual or potential environmental emergencies . They want a five-year exemption from the 14-hour rule for drivers responding to environmental emergencies.
- Related content: FMCSA seeks comments on three more HOS exemptions.
- Also, see: FMCSA says livestock, insect haulers’ ELD exemption in effect ‘until further notice.’
OOIDA Board nominee Kristopher Peters; Christmas Carol.
- Between now and Jan. 31, OOIDA members have a chance to choose some of the people who will run the organization . The Association has sent ballots to members to vote for nominees for the Association’s Board of Directors. And a section of the OOIDA website allows members to vote online . OOIDA members can cast your vote here.
- Related content: Voting now open in the OOIDA biennial Board of Directors election.
OOIDA Board nominee Stephen Saunders; Christmas Carol; Bulletin Board.
OOIDA Board nominee Carl Smith.