LLN (10/9/10) –The Bandit Big Rig racing series roars into the legendary Bristol Motor Speedway to decide the 2019 season championship. Also, how does load board information get distilled into a weekly report? The Energy Information Administration has issued its energy and winter fuels outlook. Listen now to see what’s in store. And the out-of-service criteria is a set of rules every trucker is held to – even though it’s not public information.
0:00-10:10 – Newscast.
10:10-24:14 – Bandit Big Rig Series.
24:14-38:43 – Making market reports; diesel price outlook.
38:43-48:22 – Out-of-service criteria.
- Are tolls taxes or not? That was the argument at the crux of a lawsuit over Rhode Island’s truck-only tolling program. Read more here: Oral arguments for Rhode Island truck toll suit questions definition of a ‘tax.’
- The Washington Trucking Associations is petitioning the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration to determine whether Washington State’s meal and rest break rules for truckers should be preempted by federal law. You can learn more about the case here: Washington trucking group asks FMCSA to preempt state break law.
- OOIDA will be at the California Trucking Show on Oct. 12-13 at the Ontario Convention Center in Ontario, Calif. That’s at Exit 55 off Interstate 10. Stop in, say hi to the folks from the home office, and join OOIDA at a $10 discount.
- OOIDA’s TRACER system has issued an alert on a stolen truck. The burgundy 2007 Peterbilt Conventional has “Big Boi LLC” on the doors. It was last seen on Kansas Street in Memphis, Tenn. A $500 reward is offered for information leading to its recovery.
- Find more information on the Peterbilt Conventional.
- See more TRACER
- Call 202-246-2698 if you have information.
- Read more from Land Line Magazine, TRACER reports 2007 Peterbilt stolen in Memphis, Tenn.
The Bandit Big Rig Racing circuit has reached the end of its 2019 season – a racing series that’s like old-school NASCAR but with commercial tractors. The Bandits will roll into Bristol Motor Speedway on Saturday to crown their season champion. Greg Grisolano reports.
- You can find out more about the Bandit Big Rig Series
- Read more on the race from Bristol Motor Speedway here.
How does load board information get distilled into a weekly report that really reflects what’s going on in the freight market. Mary McKenna talks with Peggy Dorf of DAT.
- Visit the DAT website.
- Or you can call them at 800-547-5417.
- Be sure to check out their blog.
- Chat with them on Twitter.
- And find out more on the OOIDA Members Edge website.
- You can call OOIDA Members Edge at 866-487-8253.
The Energy Information Administration has issued its energy and winter fuels outlook for 2019 and 2020. Mary McKenna covers that – plus the second week of a lower national average price of diesel fuel.
- Here is this week’s price report by Land Line Magazine: Average diesel fuel prices on the decline again.
- Read the EIA’s Winter Fuels Outlook.
- Find Daily Fuel Prices by ProMiles.
- To see how to compute your own fuel surcharge use OOIDA’s online Fuel Surcharge Calculator.
- To download OOIDA’s fuel surcharge app for Android smartphones, click here.
The out-of-service criteria is a set of rules every trucker is held to – even though it’s not public information. Mark Reddig covers that – and more from the recent meeting of the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance – OOIDA Director of safety and Security Doug Morris.
- You can find the CVSA’s most recent newsletter on out-of-service criteria here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.
- Read more from Land Line Magazine: