LLN (7/11/19) Many issues printed in the Federal Register are awaiting comment. Jay Grimes of OOIDA’s Washington, D.C. office explains why your comments are needed now. We’ve got information on Ohio considering a mandate for centerline rumble strips. And, why Pennsylvania is moving forward with legislation for snow and ice removal. Also, there’s the latest information from this week’s industry calendar. And we’ll have a preview the upcoming Medical Review Board meetings scheduled for next week. Possible revisions to the FMCSA Medical Handbook will be on the agenda.
0:00-9:57 – Newscast
9:57-24:42 – It’s been busy lately at the Federal Register.
24:42-39:4 – Ohio considers center rumble strip, while Pennsylvania moves forward with snow and ice removal legislation. And, information from our industry calendar.
39:40-49:3 – A preview on possible revisions to FMCSA’s medical handbook.
- The FMCSA is seeking public comments on a plan to develop a second pilot program to allow drivers between the ages of 18 and 20 behind the wheel of interstate commercial vehicles. Comments are due July 15th. You can file comments here.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Walcott Truckers Jamboree. That takes place at the Iowa 80 Truck Stop. Stop in, say hi to Jon and Sassi, and join OOIDA for a $10 discount. See the full Spirit Schedule.
The FMCSA has been busily publishing items in the Federal Register on everything from Entry-Level Driver Training exemptions to the under-21 pilot program. Naturally, OOIDA has a lot to say and Terry Scruton gets the latest from Jay Grimes of OOIDA’s Washington, D.C., office.
- You can read the related story from Land Line Magazine: FMCSA seeks comments on expanded pilot program for under-21 nonmilitary drivers
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues;
- If you have questions you would like answered you can call our Listener Comment Line at 800-324-6856.
A renewed effort at the Pennsylvania statehouse to address concerns about snow and ice removal from atop cars and trucks has taken the first step toward passage. Also, an effort on the move in the Ohio House would mandate centerline rumble strips on certain roadways. Mary McKenna gets the details from Land Line Magazine’s Keith Goble.
- Read more from Land Line Magazine, Pennsylvania takes first step to adopt snow, ice removal mandate;
- You can also read, Ohio House bill would mandate centerline rumble strips;
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit the OOIDA Legislative
Possible revisions to the FMCSA Medical Handbook are on the agenda for the Medical Review Board meetings scheduled for next week. Mary McKenna gets a preview from OOIDA’s Jay Grimes.