Land Line Now, Jan. 29, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The winter freight slump – and depressed rates – continue, but a few bright spots remain; meanwhile, diesel prices continue to drop over coronavirus fears.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Entry level driver training rules are delayed; toll talk in Michigan and Connecticut; and a date for Roadcheck – it’s today’s news for truckers.
II. Honoring a Highway Angel
OOIDA member Charles Jasewicz was recently named one of the Truckload Carrier Association’s Highway Angels. Also, an update on the new transportation funding plan in Virginia that would raise taxes on both diesel and gasoline in the state.
III. Winter freight slump; lower diesel prices
Freight and rates continue their winter slump, but there are still a few bright spots. Also, diesel prices continue to drop as fears over the coronavirus outbreak lead to falling oil prices.
IV. Another step toward a highway bill
U.S. House Democrats have announced the principles they intend to follow in creating an infrastructure plan for the nation – an announcement that followed a similar document from congressional Republicans.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA recognizes drivers for safe driving records.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA in Tonopah, Ariz., at Exit 103 on Interstate 10. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Get more information about the freight market.
- Keep up to date on fuel prices.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.