Land Line Now, Oct. 20, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The election is a scant two weeks away – and could completely change the picture as far as how trucking is regulated. We’ll have a report.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA seeks more time to comment on a worker classification rule; the borders between the U.S., Canada and Mexico will stay closed a while longer; and naked and covered in ranch dressing is no way to go through life, son – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Expert: The economy is looking good
The economy may be sputtering along, but there is room for optimism. Donald Broughton of Broughton Capital was bullish a couple months back, and he’s even more bullish now about the state of things.
III. Paying for California transportation
Several local California governments are seeking more road money from voters, while a statewide effort would push more transit work.
IV. Election 2020 – good or bad for truckers?
The election is a scant two weeks away – and it could completely change the picture as far as how trucking is regulated.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Police in Birmingham, Ala., are looking for information on a fatal hit-and-run that happened Oct. 6 on Interstate 59 around 5:00 p.m. If you have information call 205-254-6555 or 205-254-7777.
- OOIDA web conferencing Truck to Success course is scheduled for Oct. 26-28.
- The OOIDA Truckers for Troops campaign is scheduled for Nov. 9-15 on Land Line Now. This year, the effort will once again raise funds to send care packages to our troops overseas – and to help the Veterans Community Project, an organization that helps homeless veterans transition into permanent housing. We’ll have more details on future shows.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the Petro in Carlisle, Pa., located at Exit 52 off Interstate 81 and Exit 226 off Interstate 76. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon Osburn is also giving away free protective masks.
- Find out more about Broughton Capital online.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.