Land Line Now, Jan. 8, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Last year was tough for the trucking economy. We’ll look at some of the big trends and what they may mean for the 2020 economy. Also, a look at freight rates.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
From the latest on Connecticut’s plan to toll trucks to concerns over a bridge in Houston, it’s today’s trucking news.
II. 2020 economy – repeat of 2019, or not?
Last year was a tough one for the trucking industry, economically speaking. We’ll take a look at some of the big trends and what they could mean for the 2020 economy.
III. Rates surprise, while diesel prices rise
Rates take a surprising upturn in a usually sluggish January. And the national average for diesel is on the rise, but it’s a mixed bag of prices around the country as everyone keeps their eyes on Iran.
IV. Highway bill? What highway bill?
For some time, we’ve heard that the highway bill is just around the corner. Now, an important member of the U.S. House says it may be longer till we thought before we see the actual legislation.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Starting Monday, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are scheduled to be at the TA in Santa Nella, Calif. That’s at Exit 407 on Interstate 5. Stop in and join OOIDA for a $10 discount.
- You can find out more about Central States Capital Markets online.
- Get more information about the freight market.
- Keep up to date on fuel prices.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.