Land Line Now, Aug. 24, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Recent figures show a significant drop in traffic along the nation’s toll roads. So why is it happening, and what does it mean? Also, “hunter’s permits.”
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
A double barrel of storms is heading for the Gulf Coast; an OOIDA Board member will appear in a video at the Republican National Convention,; and naming storms is no game…or is it?
II. ‘Hunter’s permits’ and when you need one
What do you do when you find yourself far from home with a broken lease? You go hunting. We’ll offer up some information about what are commonly known as “hunter’s permits,” when you need one, and what happens when you don’t get one.
III. New issue of Land Line Magazine
The August/September issue of Land Line Magazine is out. From personal stories of perseverance to hours-of-service reform and that controversial amendment in the highway bill, we’ll tell you how the magazine came together.
IV. Toll roads show drop in traffic – why?
Recent figures show a significant drop in traffic along the nation’s toll roads. So why is it happening, and what does it mean?
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Voting is now open for the People’s Choice award for this year’s Shell Rotella SuperRigs competition.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Petro in Fargo, N.D., at Exit 348 off Interstate 94. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon has free face masks as well as pneumonia and shingles vaccine vouchers.
- See what services OOIDA’s Permits and Licensing department offers here.
- If you’re a trucker not receiving the magazine and you’d like to you can sign up here. It’s free!
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.