Land Line Now, Jan. 16, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
How many trucks are inspected, and for those receiving tickets, what are they cited for? We’ll have some FMCSA figures. Also, Connecticut’s toll plan.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
A trade deal is one step closer to approval, police seek a trucker for dumping, and an interstate closes for a bridge to come down – it’s what’s happening in trucking today.
II. Agency to give study another run
The FMCSA is revisiting its Large Truck Crash Causation Study. We’ll have details about that, plus other topics from this year’s Transportation Research Board meeting.
III. Truck-only toll plan advances
Connecticut officials are moving closer to passage of the governor’s plan to toll trucks only – a plan that now looks to target only the largest trucks. Also, a Virginia effort to require GPS devices in all trucks has been ended.
IV. FMCSA offers figures on tickets, citations
How many trucks are being inspected, and for those who get a ticket, what are they cited for? FMCSA released some figures this week, and we’ll have them.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Starting Friday, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the Petro in Wheeler Ridge, Calif. That’s at Exit 219 on Interstate 5. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- Read OOIDA’s Call to Action for truckers in Virginia.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can call members of Congress at 202-224-3121.