LLN (5/24/19) – When and why do you have to get a new DOT physical? Also, a group effort by trucking groups led to a bill designed to fix towing problems in Missouri. Meanwhile, a survey of company drivers dispels a number of myths about truckers overall. Right now, truckers want to know one thing about the proposed hours-of-service reform – when? And what’s next after an infrastructure meeting in our nation’s capital dissolves into dischord?
0:00-9:57 – Newscast
9:57-24:43 – Mo. towing reform
24:43-39:38 – Company drivers; DOT physical; hours of service
39:38-49:23 – What’s next on infrastructure
- The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has extended a regional emergency declaration as flooding continues. Affected states include Arkansas, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, West Virginia and Wisconsin. You can also read more here: Fire and ice: Range of weather events impact the U.S.
- Garfield Harper Jr. of Westampton, N.J., has been recognized by the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association for 14 years of safe, accident-free driving as part of the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program. Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program. And you can read about our latest batch of safe drivers here: OOIDA recognizes drivers for safe driving records.
- OOIDA has issued a warning regarding non-consensual towing in Wyoming. If you have concerns about a particular towing company call Mike Matousek at 816-229-5791 or email him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
A group effort involving two different trucking industry groups led to a bill designed to fix towing problems in Missouri. Mark Reddig talks with Tom Crawford, president of the Missouri Trucking Association.
A survey of company drivers dispels a number of myths about truckers overall. Andrew King of the OOIDA Foundation explains.
- View the results of the Professional Employed Driver Survey.
- You can also look over the results of other OOIDA Foundation Surveys.
- Find out more about the OOIDA Foundation.
- Check out what else OOIDA Online Business Education program has to offer.
- See all the classes offered by OOIDA.
When and why do you have to get a new DOT physical? Mark Reddig finds out from Jill Thorne of OOIDA’s Business Service Department.
- Be sure to check out OOIDA Compliance Connection online.
- You can find out more about what OOIDA’s Business Assistance department does, here.
- And you can contact them at 816-229-5791.
Jon Osburn says right now, truckers want to know one thing about the proposed Hours of Service reform – when? We’ll hear from the man who drives the Spirit of the American Trucker.
- See Jon’s full schedule, “The Spirit” Schedule.
A meeting earlier this week in our nation’s capital to tackle infrastructure dissolved into dischord. So what’s next? Mark Reddig finds out from Jay Grimes of OOIDA’s Washington, D.C., office.
- Read about the failed infrastructure meeting: Trump’s infrastructure meeting with Democrats fails.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.