LLN (11/19/18) – Two top officials from FMCSA discuss what’s next on the hours of service. Also, glider kits have their own special insurance requirements. And we’ll bring you some of the federal issues discussed at the OOIDA Board of Directors meeting.
- OOIDA has recognized Daniel J. Piper of LaSalle, Ill., for 43 years of safe, accident-free driving as part of the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program. Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
Truckers from across the country recently told the FMCSA what they think about proposed changes to the hours of service. So what’s next? Terry Scruton finds out from Ray Martinez and Joe DeLorenzo of the FMCSA. Find related coverage from Land Line Magazine here:
- FMCSA chief Ray Martinez, OOIDA leaders work together to address trucking’s top issues.
- It’s time for hours of service to be about the driver.
Even though they are under fire from the EPA, glider kits remain a popular option for many truckers. But they also have their own special insurance requirements. Terry Scruton talks with Stacey Sanders and Trina McIntyre of OOIDA’s Truck Insurance Department.
- Find out more information about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance
- You can also call the insurance department directly at 800-715-9369.
- If you have a question about truck insurance you’d like answered on the air, call the Land Line Now Listener Comment Line at 800-324-6856.
From possible changes in the CSA system and under-21 truckers to what will happen with infrastructure next year, OOIDA’s staff recently update the Association’s Board of Directors on the latest in our nation’s capital. Mark Reddig talks with OOIDA Manager of Government Affairs Mike Matousek.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.
- Related coverage from Land Line Magazine can be found here: