Land Line Now, April 3, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Federal officials seem to agree another COVID-19 stimulus is needed; But what kind of bill, and what kind of stimulus? Also, advice for truckers.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
As I walked out in the streets of Laredo, I got fined for not wearing a mask; OOIDA and ATRI team up to study the impact of COVID-19; and she may not be the Easter Bunny, but she’s darn close – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Good news in the COVID-19 crisis
From a 13-year-old who has stepped up to keep truckers fed during the crisis to a hotel offering truckers free rooms, it’s a mostly good news edition of Roses and Razzberries.
III. Wash those hands, people!
Jon Osburn is back in the Midwest, and he’s spreading some messages to truckers, including throw out your trash properly, keep washing those hands – and be kind to truck stop and restaurant workers.
IV. What kind of bill will next COVID-19 stimulus be?
It appears that officials in the federal government agree another stimulus bill will be needed. But what kind of bill, and what kind of stimulus? We’ll discuss the options.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791.
- You can find out more about decreasing traffic congestion here.
- A bill now in Congress titled HR6104 would provide funding specifically to create more truck parking spaces. Call your representatives about the bill at 202-224-3121.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in New Paris, Ohio, at Exit 156B on Interstate 70. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- If you want to offer up your own Rose or Razzberry for our consideration, you can submit those here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.
- Learn more about the COVID-19 survey here: OOIDA, ATRI team up for COVID-19 survey.