Land Line Now, April 19, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
If you’re part of the new truck market – and specifically brand new trucks – you’ve got a few options. We’ll tell you what the choices are.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
FEMA launches mobile vaccination sites in five states. OOIDA members claim this year’s Citizen Driver Awards. And remember kids, the Blues Brothers was not a documentary
II. New truck market has lots to offer
If you’re in the market for a new truck – and more specifically a brand new truck, you’ve got a few options. We’ll hear from Tom Berg, contributing editor at Land Line Magazine, to find out about the newest truck models that are rolling out right now.
III. My insurance, or the carrier’s?
It’s a common insurance decision that many drivers end up facing: should I go with my own insurance policy? Or do I go with my motor carrier’s coverage? OOIDA’s truck insurance experts say most people go with the latter, but that doesn’t mean it’s always best.
IV. Alternative infrastructure plans
In the wake of President Joe Biden’s infrastructure plan, several groups are offering alternative proposals to build up the nation’s infrastructure – and different definitions of what infrastructure is.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA in Mount Vernon, Mo. That’s at Exit 46 off Interstate 44. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Find out more about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance program here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.