Land Line Now, April 15, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
President Biden has nominated Meera Joshi as the new head of the FMCSA. We’ll go over what we know about her background and experience.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Truck parking gets another shout out in Congress. A new per diem change could benefit some truckers. And you know what’s a real problem? People tweeting when they should be driving.
II. FMCSA nominee is former NYC official
President Biden has nominated Meera Joshi to head the FMCSA. We’ll go over what we know about Joshi – and discuss some FMCSA scam warnings and a list of state infrastructure needs.
III. Texas battles over tolls
Texas is the site of a battle between those who want more tolls, and those who want to eliminate them. In Oklahoma, lawmakers consider who should enforce truck size and weight rules.
IV. When will truck stops have the COVID-19 vaccine?
Work continues to distribute COVID-19 vaccines across the country. But when will we see them at truck stops? Plus, what’s next for the infrastructure bill after a congressional hearing.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The Maryland DOT wants public input about an updated State Freight Plan. Find more information and make your comments here.
- You can use paper logs for up to eight days if you’re having issues with your ELD. After that, you need to request an extension. Do that by sending an email to ELD-Extension@dot.gov.
- Starting Saturday, Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Crossroads Truck Meet in California, Mo., at the corner of U.S. 50 and Missouri 87. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Read more on the FMCSA Administrator nomination here.
- FMCSA warns motor carriers to be wary of potential scams.
- The White House has released infrastructure needs for all 50 states. Read more: White House releases infrastructure needs for all 50 states.
- To read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- The FMCSA has a link to the VaccineFinder website on their home webpage. Type in your ZIP code for locations with vaccines in your area.
- Share your views with lawmakers on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.