Land Line Now, March 2, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Towing reform in West Virginia is scheduled to sunset, which could leave truckers facing massive tow bills again. Also, motor carriers’ required paperwork.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
We’re driving here in Allentown, and they’re closing all the fuel pumps down; New Hampshire attorney general warns of fake DOT scam emails; and a quick update – it was a cold day in Hell – It’s today’s news in trucking.
II. On your own authority? Guess what? More paperwork
Recently, we discussed some paperwork needed to sign up for IRP. Of course, that’s not the only thing in trucking that requires some paperwork. We’ll go over some of the documents required for a motor carrier – even a one-truck operation – to stay in compliance.
III. The right endorsements
Having the right endorsements on your insurance policy can save you a lot of money in the long run. We’ll go over some of the more common – and not so common – endorsements.
IV. Towing reform in danger in West Virginia
Several years ago, OOIDA was part of a successful effort to reform towing rules in West Virginia. But now, that reform is scheduled to sunset, which could leave truckers facing massive tow bills again.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- As part of the Shift Into Success series, OOIDA will offer a class in developing a business plan from 3 to 4 p.m. Friday, March 27, in room B-104 at the MATS. The class is free and open to all truckers. You can also learn more here: MATS’ schedule for educational seminars released.
- Starting Tuesday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Petro in Shreveport, La., Exit 8 on Interstate 20. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Check out OOIDA’s Compliance Connection.
- Find out more information about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance programs.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.