After years of pleading and prodding, it looks like the broker transparency issue is finally set to take center stage – and you’ll have a chance to chime in during next month’s Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville, Ky.
Today’s news: FMCSA denies yet another hours of service exemption request
Plus, U.S. border officials have stopped not one, not two, but three smuggling attempts this week, OOIDA is calling for action on a uniform speed bill in Indiana, and more.
Fixing the driver compensation model
What’s it going to take to fix the broken driver compensation model? Dr. Michael Belzer of Wayne State University has seeking answers for decades.
Fudging with fuel tax rates
More states are looking at changes to fuel taxes. Most are considering freezes or suspensions, but not all.
Listen to our entire show
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker are on a break. In the meantime, OOIDA is offering membership for two years at $50. Join or renew online or call 816-229-5791.
- To read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News by State.
- Remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers.
- You can donate to the Truckers for Troops fund all year.
- Find out how to listen to Land Line Now on TNC Radio.