LLN (10/26/18) – A new video explains why the driver shortage is nothing but a myth. Also, from two businesses that serve truckers lending a helping hand to our veterans to a for CDL examiner handing out fraudulent licenses, we’ll offer up some Roses and Razzberries. And truck parking problems along the Eastern Seaboard.
0:00 – 10:11 – Newscast
10:11 – 24:41 – Roses and Razzberries
24:42 – 39:11 – Truck parking problems
39:11 – 49:22 – Drive shortage a myth
- The FMCSA is taking public comments on its Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking on broker bonds through Nov. 26. Among other considerations, the rulemaking notice asks about the concept of revoking a broker’s authority if their bond ever drops below the $75,000 minimum called for in current regulations. You can comment here. See related content:
From two businesses that serve truckers lending a helping hand to our veterans to a for CDL examiner handing out fraudulent licenses, Terry Scruton and Mary McKenna will tell you who in recent news has been good and who’s been bad with some Roses and Razzberries.
- If you want to offer up your own Rose or Razzberry for our consideration, you can submit those here or visit us on Facebook.
Jon Osburn already here’s about truck parking problems all the time. But he’s hearing about it a lot more during his swing along the Eastern Seaboard, where the problem is especially acute. Mark Reddig talks with the man who drives the Spirit of the American Trucker.
- See Jon’s full schedule, “The Spirit” Schedule.
- Also see related content from Land Line Magazine:
A new video explains in detail why the so-called “driver shortage” is nothing more than a myth. Mark Reddig talks with Jay Grimes of OOIDA’s Washington, D.C., office.
- You can watch the video here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.
- See related content from Land Line Magazine: